Friday, April 16, 2010

I've Been M.I.A.... (New Hair, and Fantasy Makeup!)

My mom has been hounding me: Why haven't you posted anything??? (I know you're reading this mom!!)

So anyway, this week hasn't been a good one. It just seems like everything is going downhill and I'm trying to grab on and stay above water. Really depressed lately--lots of drama in Andrew's parents' household (I'll say it like that because we don't "live" here...if we were treated like actual tenants--we DO pay rent here!--the house would be clean(er) and people would show some respect to us.)

Yesterday I got my hair cut by one of my newest friend in Vegas, Cassie! We both kind of went in head first with the haircut. I had pics of my last "actual" haircut from a year ago, but I knew the bangs wouldn't turn out right because mine are still growing out from when I had them trimmed to do pin-up bangs for my ex-band. So we TRIED doing my picture's bangs, but they weren't looking good so we just cut them strait across. She narrowed my bangs down (they were REALLY wide) and made it look like those longer bangs are to frame my face. My longest layer got trimmed by, I don't know, 7-8 inches? The rest of my hair is layered crazily so when I pull it up, it looks like a palm tree.

I actually told her that: I want my hair to look like a palm tree when I tie it up.

I know, I'm weird.

Driving home, I looked in the rear view mirror and wondered if I had subconsciously gave myself a Phyrra cut! (Cleopatra bangs FTW!)

Here's a couple of pics I took this morning because I was so tired yesterday. Pardon the stoned look, I was not happy waking up this morning. Like I said, I've been soooo burned out:




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Soooo, tonight I was playing with makeup while watching The Good Witch (cute movie!) and I came up with this. Someone has a post for the Makeup Challenge on Aromaleigh and no one has done it yet! The colors are Teal and Yellow. Once I got started with teal and yellow, I couldn't stop adding colors, so here you go!








Holy crap my lashes look LOOONG



Eyes:
Indelible Creme Shadow in Bare Necessities all over eye up to brow
Aromaleigh Eye Primer in Light on lid up to crease
Aromaleigh Rocks! Livewire on 3/4 of lid
Aromaleigh Hot in the City Collection Italian Ice over Livewire
Aromaleigh Gothic Lolita Collection Aqua Nightmare on last 1/4 lid, angled out, and also blended above crease with the yellows
Aromaleigh Rocks! Coralfang above crease
Aromaleigh Rocks! Sonic Rouge in Candy-O on browbone
Aromaleigh Rocks! Glam Glitter in Reverberation mixed with Aromaleigh's Indelible Sealant on inside corner of eye
Aromaleigh Rocks! AgentOrange mixed with Sealant on bottom lashline into a Cat's Eye
Indelible Gel Liner in Blackout on upper lash line
Indelible Gel Liner in Peacock on waterline

Avon Astonishing Lengths Mascara in Black

Aromaleigh Willow matte on brows

Lips: Morgana Minerals Vegan Lipstick in Serenity

I'm not wearing anything else--everything got washed off when I got off work today at 2pm, and I hate re-doing makeup (as in foundation and stuff) if I'm just playing with my eyes.


Thanks for reading!!

Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment