Monday, May 30, 2011

So I decided to dye my hair...

TAKE THREE: I hate photobucket. It froze up three times and the last time I copied my blog text, photobucket copied a link to one of my pictures so I will retype AGAIN x_x

Alright so I needed a pick me up. Working three jobs then cutting down to two has been hard to come off of. Top that off with not sleeping well and, I've been a cranky bear.

I miss Vegas.
I miss my red hair.
I miss what I was a year ago.

Today I decided to go back to my roots...well, my fake ones with the help of hair dye :)

SO.

This was my hair back in Vegas, it was dyed with Matrix SoRed in Red Violet (it was actually Ronald McDonald red, but the camera made it look pink..) Excuse the angry pirate face..



This was my hair today before I dyed it. I had dyed it with a brown and burgundy red Ion Dye if I remember correctly. It ended up fading to this auburn yellowy mess I've been hating for months but have been too lazy/tired to care about changing it





This was during...omfg thas bright..:




Look at Burlynn's Tina Turner hair...I'm growing her topknot out so I can french braid pigtails that'll hang behind her Bedlington Ears :)



The After!! I LOVE this color...It's not my red from Vegas, but this will do for now. I used Loreal HiColor HiLights in Magenta with 30 developer. This is made for DARK HAIR that you don't want to pre-lighten.





This will look more put together once I color in my brows ;)

NO MAKEUP!! My face has been doing well with BeautiControl...I rarely wear makeup nowadays, although I will have some BeautiControl makeup reviews and FOTDs soon...Pixie Epoxy works wonders on some of the colors :)

5 comments:

  1. Hello :) How long did you leave the mixture on your hair? It looks stunning! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually leave it in anywhere from 40 mins to an hour. I believe the mix says 30-40 minutes, but sometimes I forget, or I just want to make sure it's as bright as can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you ut it on the ends first then the roots? or did you pop it on roots first then ends? i have dark roots but lighter brown ends... thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I usually do it, is start with the roots, then work my way down like any hair dye. You usually do ends last because they suck in color so quickly, as most of our ends are dry. Seeing as your hair is opposite of mine (I have light brown, almost golden brown roots and darker ends) you might get that semi-ombre effect--which would look awesome!

      Delete