Tuesday, February 22, 2011

EcoTools Scavenger Hunt

Okay so last week my foundation kabuki brush broke. I decided that I'd probably look for something local just so I don't have to deal with searching for something online, then pay for shipping, yadda yadda.

Well I needed a brush by this morning (job interview, must look pretty!), so last night, I figured I'd pick up a foundation brush from EcoTools, since Phyrra has good reviews on their brushes.

So, I started at Sallys: Nothing
Went to Walgreens: all they had was the six makeup brush set
Went to Walmart: Brush Set
Went to a Super Walmart: Brush Set
Went to CVS: THEY DON'T EVEN SELL ECOTOOLS?!?!?

If I'm correct I believe Target has a bigger EcoTools selecten,  but I wasn't about to step foot in there that early in the evening. My loss for being lazy -_-

In the meantime I was looking for any other brand of kabuki brush and the only one I saw was at Walmart and it was a Physicians Formula Bamboo Kabuki. Anyone ever tried that? Does it work well?

I ended up on Sobe Botanicalss, buying for my first time last night (yay!) with the Petit Buki in Black


I didn't read for any reviews on this brush, so I'm walking into this blind, but I did want to try Sobe from Phyrra's reviews. I also got a couple of blush samples and perfume samples. I haven't ordered makup since late last year so I'm kind of excited.


Hopefully this interview goes well today because that will make or break my wallet, and will give me the motivation to keep up on beauty products!!

As for my job interview in the next hour and a half? I think I may have a sponge or cosmetic fluff I can use for foundation application :/

2 comments:

  1. I've found the best selection of ecoTools at Walgreens and Target. You can get an idea of all the brushes offered at parispresents.com (their ecotools section).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find anything but the 6 brush set at Walgreens, but I never did check Target. If anything, I would order online, but that night I was in a time crunch..I actually ended up using a long time stored away flocked sponge from Aromaleigh and my makeup turned out fine :D

    Thanks Phyrra!

    ReplyDelete