Friday, April 9, 2010

Fyrinnae: mini-review and swatches

Alright everyone! I ordered my Fyrinnae samples ages ago, but rarely used them. I swatched them, then put them back in my makeup stash and they've been there every since!

I've only ordered once, and the shipping took a couple weeks (they are always backed up by 1-2 weeks anyway), so for the time frame, it's what I expected. There are raves all over blogs about Fyrinnae, and I first heard about them from Phyrra.

Their colors are SO saturated, as you will see in my pictures, that they look DAMN good on bare skin without any sort of primer. Usually most colors are washed out--the 7 I have swatched look pretty nice without even using a shadow base or the pixie epoxy.

You can order samples (which come in jars!), and they cost around 2.00. The samples are pretty generous (1/3 tsp), so they would last a while until you decided if you wanted a full size.

Yesterday I decided to try my sample of their Glow Blush in Enchant, and I was appalled that I had never given it a shot before!! It looks like a bright orange in the jar, but goes on a peachy-pink sheen that looks very sun-kissed! Would look excellent on someone that has paler skin than me!

So tonight I'm breaking out my little stash of Fyrinnae's eyeshadows, the three lip lustres I own, my sample of blush, and will be using their very own Pixie Epoxy for their shadow awesomeness demonstration.



The Lips: I have Visual Kei, Type A, and Diabolic Masquerade. All three are gorgeous colors.
Shade Descriptions:
Visual Kei is a rather bright pink
Type A is a shimmery, rich garnet red.
Diabolic Masquerade is a glowing red shimmer embedded in soft black, though applies more as a deep, dark crimson glow rather than just glossy black.

The Pics:




The Cheek Color:
Shade Description:
Soft peach with a touch of pink shimmer. Very bright in the jar, but soft once blended.

The Pics:



The Shadow Colors:
Shade Descriptions:
1.22 Gigawatts- Our brightest blue! Brilliant shimmery electric blue with flashes of gold sparkle.
Delvian- This colour hates cameras. In reality, it is a muted greyish blue-violet with a vibrant pink shimmer highlight.
Dokkalfar- Black filled with hues of pale green to golden-lime sparkle.**
Hypercool- Brilliant turquoise shimmer over black (tends to look more blue under some light) for a sensual "dark fairy" look
Arcane Magic: Sorceress- Charcoal, nearly black shadow that with a shimmer that changes from a brilliant aqua to rose to lavender, depending on the light.**
Avenging Salem- Deep black with hues of glowing reddish copper shimmer**
Monarch Butterfly- Opaque black filled with vibrant deep pink sparkle and shimmer.**

**-my favorites

The Pics:








So there's my small Fyrinnae stash. I believe I need to do some FOTDs with these colors, they're more gorgeous than I remember!!!

Once Andrew and I get our finances situated, I need to buy more Lip Lustres and shadow samples! Fyrinnae just came out with a buttload of new arcance shadows and I'm itching to try them!

2 comments: