Friday, May 7, 2010

Review: The Everyday Diva--UPDATE 5/11

Okay, so let me tell you about this lovely company.

Everyday Diva is a little Etsy shop I found on March 20 of this year (I'm looking at my invoice!) after noticing my Noah's Naturals was running low and it seemed like they discontinued their products!

I was looking for a paraben- sulfate-free facial cleanser that wouldn't dry my face out or be too harsh for everyday use. I searched on Etsy for some unknown reason, and came across The Everyday Diva Co.

Back then, she had JUST started the company...I want to say it was only open for 2-3 weeks before I found it. There weren't as many products or scents as there are now, but I caught a feeling for the ones she did have.

I only bought the 3-piece acne care system, as I was on a budget and technically wasn't supposed to spend ANY money, but a girl's gotta have a pretty face, right?

So the order was placed March 20, I believe I recieved it 3-4 days later, which in my opinion was a WINNER especially for being located in Pennsylvania, AND I was expecting it to take at least a week for it to ship, like most Etsy sellers I've dealt with before!

Fast shipping IMO is crucial. You have a place that takes up to a month to process and MAYBE ship, to me, it's not worth the wait.

They have cute labels, although my cleanser's label has since washed off from being in the shower everyday =[. Apparently they have fixed the peeling label problem since my first order.


Now, the specs:


Cleanser: Has little pieces of what I'm guessing is sea salt and lavender throughout which aid in lightly exfoliating. There is Tea Tree Oil, as aloe vera and honey to aid in restoring skin from scars, and keep it moisturized! It also has grapefruit, which makes this cleanser smell pretty good, although a little strong from the Tea Tree.
I do notice after I wash my face with this, my skin is a bit shiny, but step the moisturizer gets rid of that!

I will add too that this cleanser does not make my skin oily in a matter of hours like most cleansers do. I sometimes forget to moisturize in a hurry and for the most part, my skin doesn't over-produce oil or anything since this cleanser doesn't STRIP your skin!

I was using the OCM at night, then cleansing with this in the morning, but I've noticed the dryness has cleared up for the most part, my skin is okay with me using the cleanser morning and night. I still do use the OCM to remove my makeup, but will cleanse over it afterwards.



Moisturizer: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE x10000!!! Okay, I will admit, upon first inspection, this moisturizer is THICK. Like a lotion you would put on your body, not your face thick. But the awesomely weird thing is that it goes on smoothly and once it dries, it feels like a light moisturizer was put on! I noticed after the second day of using just the cleanser and moisturizer, my skin felt porcelain-doll-soft...NOTHING has ever made it feel like that besides my old Avon TruePorfection mask, but that mask dried my skin out so bad.
Since moving out to Vegas, with all the wind, I'm still battling patches of dryness on my face, so I mix my moisturizer with a little sweet almond oil and that does the trick! This lotion does not make my face oily if I don't put any makeup on for the day, it makes my face "dewy".

This moisturizer also has Tea Tree, as well as grapefruit, lavender, and from the description, is silicone-free!

The awesome part about using this stuff, is I always get those pimples that come up on my chin or forehead, that have no head, and feel like it's a tumor growing bigger everyday. Before, I would wait about a week until it would form a head, then pop it, then have to wait 3-4 days, maybe even a week, until it healed!

I got my FIRST what I like to call "underground" pimple last week. I wash my face with the cleanser in the morning and at night right now.
The 1st day when it appeared, with a light touch and it hurting, I thought "oh no!"
Washed morning, and then that night.
2nd day it was a little bigger, but it had a head already!
Cleansed my face, popped the pimple (I know it's bad for you, but I think seeing a big head looks nastier!) moisturized, and by that night when I washed my face, it had shrunk DOWN TO NOTHING.
3rd day, it was just a scab, so it took altogether about 5 days to heal. Down from 2 WEEKS.

Holy Grail products for me!!!! If these two products EVER get discontinued, I will cry.

Seriously.


Night Treatment: I haven't used this often, maybe 3-4 times, as the consistency just feels weird. I usually let my skin breathe at night, so I'll cleanse, but for the most part, not moisturize, so therefore I haven't used this much. It smells a bit medicine-y (tea tree again!), and it feels watery when I squirt it in my hand. I did notice that it stung my skin a little bit, but so did the cleanser in the beginning. I think it was just the huge dosage of tea tree in the beginning that my skin was not used to.

Kind of odd, but if used every night, it may just be a holy grail. It contains 5% salicylic acid, which aides in acne-fighting, 5% Niacinamine, which is an anti-inflammatory, and can aid in dark spots on skin, as well as has anti-aging effects!

I also referred Phyrra to this company, which she also has a review of Everyday Diva from the bath/body products she ordered a few weeks ago: Fresco Phyrra Reviews The Everyday Diva Co

Now, another reason why I highly recommend this company:
She replies to any questions you have! I asked her about having samples of some of her products, and she responded within 4 hours. I did place an order through her for my mom's Mother's Day gift, and on Wednesday asked if she could replace one of her solid perfume scents with a different one, and asked for something to be a different color (you can pick what color you want some of her lotions to be) which she did, and she included a little notecard in the order telling my mom happy mother's day from me!

I won't be able to review that order to tell you how they work, so hopefully my mom likes the scents I got her, and could give me input so I can post it!
I would tell you what I got in scents and products and such but my mom reads my blog so I'll have to keep quiet until she gets her gift =D

Unfortunately, that is all I have to share with the lot of you! I wish I had bought more back then to try out the shampoos and the soaps, but when I start my new job and saves up the mulah, I will definitely be making an order for smelly-good pretty things!

Have any of you heard of this company?
Have any of you ordered from The Everyday Diva?

UPDATE 5/11:
Alright, so my mom got her Everyday Diva Mother's Day gift in time (yay!) and I was able to get her to open it a day before Mother's Day (I'm soooo bad!) xD

She got:
3 Solid Perfumes - Dry Oil - Romance Collection (I replaced the Sandalwood Rose with Tahitian Tiare)
10 oz Sulfate Free Body Wash and Moisturizer Set in Enchanted Orchid (She LOVED this scent!)
Cucumber Lime - Whipped Facial and Body Polishing Sugar Scrub 10 ounces - Sulfate, Paraben and Chemical Free

And my mom sent me an email, saying:

Just wanted to tell you again I really loved my gifts!! Thank you Thank you. You can post it on your webpage that the foaming scrub is soooooooo nice, and it leaves my skin feeling silky smooth--really enjoyed using it and I only needed just a tiny bit. Wonder how many times I can use it per week? Very satisfied with all the products, and I especially loved the scented oils you picked out. I really feel like a DIVA!

So another happy customer of Everyday Diva...my MOM!!

13 comments:

  1. wow! I'm so happy I found your blog, I've been searching for the EDD's product review and now I'm convinced, I have to buy it! ^^
    Great review! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did she go?!?!!? On Etsy it says that this seller no longer has a shop. I'm SO bummed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly do not know! I was planning on going to her for x-mas shopping, as well as to reorder my facial cleaner and saw she is no longer active! I will be writing to the email I have and see what happened....I LOVED her products! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Everyday Diva ripped many of us off...Esty had to withdraw her account. Non-delivery, double charges...empty promises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you find out what happened? D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That's really too bad. I had a feeling something like that happened since she vanished off the face of the earth. Sorry to those who got ripped off...that sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also a loyal, longtime customer of TheEveryDayDivaCo shop, and I hope she doesn't get upset with me for posting this but as a fellow Etsy seller and big-time fan of both her products and her customer service I felt I had to come to her defense. Last fall she went through some serious personal issues and financial difficulty due to a family member who was helping her with the administrative side of her shop. Turns out this person was very troubled, and ended up both cleaning out the Paypal account and overdrawing the bank account that was linked to it by thousands of dollars! I had e-mailed her through the address I had because I was concerned when I discovered the Etsy shop was suddenly gone and wanted to make sure she was okay. It looks like she was forced to shutter her Etsy shop because the empty accounts meant no money to pay the fees.

    I'm still in touch with her personally, and hope that she'll be able to relaunch her business soon! It's always so sad when a small business has difficulties, because it's a real person behind that and not just a huge faceless corporation. I'll definitely be first in line to order once things get going again -- I miss my Vanilla Pear body wash!

    - Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you let us know what was going on. I've been googling trying to find an explanation and am really sad to hear what happened to her. I tried emailing her, but she has apparently closed the comcast account as well. Please let her know that her loyal customers miss her and her wonderful products and we hope she'll be back soon. Post here if you hear of her relaunching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the update! Also wondering what happened and missing the products so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. does anyone know when/if she is coming back? the last i heard from her she mentioned she was going to try to come back around tax season...that didn't happen so i hope she has plans to return to etsy eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not heard anything, but have been itching for some more of her acne lotion!!! I still have it after two years and sometimes will scrape some of the bottle when I know I'm about to break out =(

    ReplyDelete
  12. i know what you mean...her products are probably the best i've ever used and a steal for the price! i need more of her antioxidant facial moisturizer...my skin looks amazing when i use it.

    ReplyDelete